The ECB Coach Awards are back for 2021, helping you to recognise those at your club, school, or community for all the hard work and effort they put in to support and nurture the next generation of young cricketers.
This year you can nominate within four categories, as follows:
- Young Coach of the Year (16 – 25 years)
- Coach of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coaching
- Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coach Development
Please complete the nomination form in full and submit your application by Sunday 26th August.
All county winners will be rewarded and recognised with the three finalists from each category being invited to attend the ECB Coach Awards dinner on Saturday 29th January 2022 at the University of Warwick. The National winners will be announced during the dinner.
Young Coach of the Year
A young person who is already making a difference and is already passing on their enthusiasm for the game and inspiring the next generation of players.
- Demonstrated a commitment to developing the game at grass roots and community level
- Has had a clear impact with a local school or club
- Has shown creativity and determination in their development as a coach
- 16-25 years of age
Coach of the Year
A coach who goes the extra mile and is a true coaching hero to their club, league, county or school. They are creative and work with players to help them reach their full potential whilst delivering active and fun sessions.
- Inspires and supports individual player development
- Creates and delivers enjoyable and effective coaching sessions
- Uses innovation and inspirational coaching methods which have significantly improved player and team performances
Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coaching
This person is the life and soul at your club, in your league, your county or at your school. They have dedicated a significant amount of time to coaching and have contributed to growing the game.
- Dedicated themselves to coaching and making a difference to the players
- Created numerous opportunities and contributed to increasing participation of players
- Is the heartbeat of the club, league, county, or school
Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coach Development
This is an individual or team of coach developers, club or local initiative who is going above and beyond to support the development of coaches in your county.
An individual/team/club/initiative who:
- Actively promotes and supports the development of the coaches and/or coaches associations
- Grows and encourages diversity and inclusivity making everyone feel like cricket is a game for them
- Provides administrative support and/or the development of coaching
We look forward to receiving your nominations and reading about the great work in the community!
For more information, please contact:
Workforce Development Officer
Mobile – 07554 455738