The England and Wales Cricket Trust welcomes eligible ECB affiliated cricket clubs with junior sections to consider an interest-free loan to assist in the development of facilities on their ground(s). Whether it is a sightscreen or a changing room the England and Wales Cricket Trust will allocate interest-free loans to clubs that meet set criteria up to £50,000 with a repayment period of up to five years.
What is the aim of the Interest Free Loan Scheme?
The scheme aims to finance capital projects to help create a sustainable future for cricket.
Who can apply?
- All ECB affiliated cricket clubs.
- Other organisations that can evidence achievement / delivery of the charitable aims of the EWCT.
- Please note ECB Clubmark registration or accreditation is not a requirement.
- What types of projects are eligible?
- Changing room development
- Clubhouse renovation
- Social area development
- Machinery store
- Score box
- Improvement in car parking facilities (for cricket purposes only)
- CCTV/security shutters (specifically to protect cricket buildings)
- Outdoor lighting (for security purposes)
- Energy consumption / saving systems
- Water consumption / saving systems
- Flood defence measures
- Want to know more?
Have a look at ECB’s technical guidance on Pavilions and Clubhouses.
- Mobile Net Cages
- Security/Protection (Perimeter fencing / ball stop netting
- Flood defence measures
- Want to know more? Have a look at ECB’s technical guidance on Fine Turf.
- For cricketing purposes only
- Non-Turf Practice Facilities
- Match Play Pitches
How much can be applied for?
- Cricket clubs with a junior section* £1,000 – £50,000.
- Cricket clubs without a junior section £1,000 – £20,000.
- Other organisations – subject to application.
- A cricket club with a junior section is defined as a cricket club that offers appropriate coaching and competition to cricketers under the age of 18 years.
How much partnership funding is required?
A minimum of 10% partnership funding is required from the applicant.
How do I apply?
- Download and read the EWCT Interest Free Loan Scheme Guidance notes
- Can you answer yes the following questions?
- Is your club / organisation eligible to apply to the Scheme?
- Is the project you are considering eligible?
- If yes to both, download, complete and return the Expression of Interest Form (below)
- If no, and you wish to discuss your case further contact your ECB Facilities and Investment Manager
To find out what kind of projects may be more likely to be considered for receiving funding please contact your GCB club development officers Eric Woodmason (for clubs in the north of the county) and John Peplow (for Bristol and South Glos clubs).