The Grassroots Cricket Awards (formerly NatWest OSCAs) are aimed at recognising those volunteers who give their time to the game of cricket – without these individuals the game would not survive.
These awards are a fantastic opportunity for you to nominate and recognise the volunteers who make cricket possible. The Grassroots Cricket Awards aim to reflect the achievements and efforts of the cricket community in their work off the field. We welcome nominations for volunteers from all areas of the game including clubs, leagues and communities.
To say a big thank you to all those who have gone above and beyond, we will invite all nominees and a plus one to a Gloucestershire CCC game at the Bristol County Ground later this summer, so please do nominate those special people who are truly making a difference.
This year, there are eight categories to choose from, and these are as follows:
- Connecting Communities – A Club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond the call of cricket to support communities/groups coming back to the game we love.
- Inspired to play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences.
- Rising Star Award – Young volunteer making a difference – 11 – 16-year-olds
- Game changer – Young volunteer 17 – 25-year-olds making a difference in the game.
- Unsung hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers.
- Growing the game – A league volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games played.
- Lifetime achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without.
- Cricket innovators – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group.
How to nominate
Use the button below to go to the online nomination. Please complete the form in full and submit by Sunday 8th August.
If you have any questions about the awards, please contact:
Workforce Development Officer
Mobile – 07554 455738