Coaches attend core modules followed by specialist modules selected during their application phase. Each coach is assigned a mentor who provides individual support and development throughout the programme.
In 2020, the programme will have a greater online and virtual presence allowing coaches more flexibility in their learning journey. The challenge for all coaches is to learn as they develop, just as players do. Therefore, we have developed a programme that will help you challenge your current coaching practice and further your knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas.
This programme has been designed to build on your experiences to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to challenge existing thinking and beliefs about cricket coaching and develop specialist areas of expertise when coaching individuals, units and teams.
- World class basics of coaching – skill development, coach behaviour and integrated coaching
- Sports movement for cricket performance – biomechanics, strength and conditioning, injury management and performance nutrition
- Performance psychology and neuroscience – performance under pressure, team dynamics and high performing cultures
- Leading people
- Developing players
- Pace bowling
- Spin bowling
Who is it for?
For coaches working with players and teams across all playing environments that hold an ECB level 3 qualification or equivalent with at least one year of coaching experience since certification.
- Attendance at a virtual interview after shortlisting
- 4 core modules – Induction | World class basics | Sports movement for cricket performance | Performance psychology and neuroscience – e-learning (online and virtual)
- 2 cricket skill modules selected from – Batting | Pace bowling | Spin bowling | Fielding | Wicketkeeping – face-to-face
- 1 coaching module selected from – Head coach | Skill coach – e-learning (online and virtual)
- Assignments – World class basics | Psychology | Biomechanics | Physical preparation for performance
- Portfolio developed through coaching in own environment
- Final assessment by presentation and professional discussion
For more information, please contact:
Workforce Development Officer
Mobile – 07554 455738