At Gloucestershire Cricket Board (GCB), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains what personal information is collected about you, how it is used, the steps taken to ensure it remains secure, as well as your rights.
GCB is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of clients, suppliers, business contacts and employees.
Where we obtain information from
In most cases we will obtain information directly from you (or from someone who requests products or services for you on your behalf, such as your club) or the device you use to communicate with us. The information will be obtained through ECB Websites, GCB’s website, telephone conversations, emails, written and verbal communications (including social media interactions) and from records of the products and services provided to you.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you (such as events you get involved with, newsletters you have subscribed to, achievements in cricket and details from other ECB/GCB services you use or have used such as Play-Cricket) or which we receive from other organisations, such as other cricket organisations, sponsors or commercial partners.
In some cases, we will be data controllers, for example where information is obtained directly by us through the means listed above or where we store personal data obtained through partner system.
The Information we collect
We only obtain the data required to provide the products or services required by you.
Personal data collected may include name, address, email address, phone numbers, emergency contact details and any details that are relevant to the services requested and provided (for example, School or Club name). Date of Birth may be requested where, for example, the service required has age related restrictions. If under the age of 16 years parental or guardian information will be collected. Telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications may also be collected. Ethnicity information may be collected to enable us to monitor and ensure compliance with anti-discrimination policies or to comply with obligations to Sport England, ECB or Chance to Shine.
How we will use your information
All personal information that we obtain about you and/or any other person whose details you provide will be recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with current data protection legislation. We will primarily use the personal information for:
- Administration – Registration and general administration (including verification, vetting and security checking)
- Delivery – To provide the goods and services you request from us and /or to ensure appropriate certificates/photographs are prepared/distributed at the end of the course(s) / event(s)
- Communication – To communicate with you in the event that any goods or services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your requests
- Information Sharing – so that we can provide information which may be of interest to you about services offered by GCB, ECB or our Cricket partners
- Records – for record keeping purposes
- Market Research – to carry out market research so that we can improve the goods and services we offer
- Research – for research purposes and to enable us to understand requirements and develop cricket related courses and other services
- Analysis – to track and analyse activity on our website/social media platforms
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide newsletters and details of any relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
Consent and lawful processing of your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and service delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or, in serious cases that it is in your vital interests to help you
- for direct marketing and/or information sharing: that you have given your consent
- for equality and inclusion: that you have given your explicit consent by answering the question
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to encourage participation in cricket and this does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms
Disclosing your personal information
Some limited information may be shared with other stakeholders in Cricket, such as other cricket clubs, Constituent Bodies, league organisers, so they can maintain appropriate records and assist us in administering and organising cricket fixtures.
As a governing body for cricket, the GCB has relationships with other cricket related organisations such as the ECB, County Cricket Boards, cricket clubs and cricket leagues (each a Cricket Organisation) and some of the goods and services available on or through ECB Websites are provided by those Cricket Organisations. Each Cricket Organisation has its own privacy practices and you should check that you are satisfied with them before you provide any personal information to them.
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by our cloud-based service providers. This will include encrypting all databases that contain personal data.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information obtained that is relevant to the delivery of a service will be retained for 12 months from the date of that service being completed
- Records and documents relating to contracts and insurance policies will be retained for 7 years after the end of the contract or policy.
- Information and documents relating to unsuccessful job applicants will be retained for 6 months from date of notification to the candidate
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However, in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation. For example, where we contract deliverers or cricket partners/associations to provide services on our behalf we may be required to provide them with the data required to provide that service safely and effectively.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
Address – Data Protection, Gloucestershire Cricket Board, The Bristol County Ground, Nevil Road, Bristol. BS7 9EJ
Phone – 01179 108009
Email – email@example.com