Welcome to our first weekly look ahead to GCB and club-related cricket activities across the county, from Adlestrop and Almondsbury to Winterbourne and Woodpeckers, for the next seven days.
If we’ve missed anything out or you would like us to mention an event or game later in the summer, link us in or send a direct message through Twitter via @GCBCricket while we’re also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GloucestershireCricketBoard
Please remember that under current Covid regulations, spectators are not permitted at matches. At clubs that are able to offer hospitality facilities, non-players must observe all Covid procedures and sit in allocated areas.
SUNDAY APRIL 25
- Gloucestershire Women launch their ECB County T20 campaign with two South West Group matches against Cornwall at Cheltenham College (11am and 3pm)
- Gloucestershire under-18s are away to University of Exeter, at Topsham Sports Ground (11am)
- The Stuart Canvas Gloucestershire Trophy gets underway with two preliminary round matches: Bedminster II v Bohemians, and Golden Hill II v Oaksey (both 1.30pm).
- Many of our clubs are also in action in the Voneus Village Cup. In the Gloucestershire Group, it’s Apperley v Whitminster, Kingsholm v Corse & Staunton, Rockhampton v Chipping Campden and Marshfield v Cam. Dumbleton are away to Feckenham in the Worcestershire Group, Langford host Steeple Aston in the Oxfordshire pool, and Stapleton welcome Wembdon in the Somerset group. All games start at 1pm
MONDAY APRIL 26
- The first match in the Bristol Youth League’s 50th anniversary season takes place with Rockhampton home on The Common to Coalpit Heath in an Under-11s Express match (6pm). For all fixtures, visit https://bristolycl.play-cricket.com
- Bristol & District League clubs are asked to pick up their balls and teams sheets for the new season from the car park at Frenchay CC from 6.45-7.45pm
Main image courtesy Brian Rossiter