Gloucestershire Cricket Board are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations from clubs for the U11, U13, U15 and U18 girl’s trials taking place in September.
- There will be outdoor trials sessions for all age groups over the weekend of 12th and 19th of September.
- The closing date for nominations is Friday September 3rd.
- All girls will be required to attend the trials, including County players from the 2021 season.
- Existing County players will be informed of the trials by the GCB.
- Please only nominate players not currently playing County or Development for Gloucestershire.
Who can clubs nominate?
Clubs may nominate any female player who is not currently participating in existing County or Development Age Group Squads. Trials are aimed at performance, not participation and therefore it is critical that clubs only nominate those players who have performed well over the summer and who can compete for a place in the County or Development teams.
The Under 11s trial will include elements of hard ball bowling and soft ball batting and fielding. Therefore, hardball experience would be an advantage, but not essential for this age group.
The Under 13s and 15s will be entirely hardball in format and delivery and therefore, players at the Under 13s age group and higher must have hardball experience.
Due to ECB guidelines on hygiene for the sharing of kit, Gloucestershire Cricket Board will not be able to provide hardball batting equipment for use at these trials. Players not bringing their own batting equipment will therefore not be able to bat as part of their trial.
All female players are required to attend a trial, including all current County players. However, to save time the Gloucestershire Cricket Board will be notifying all girls who participated in the 2021 County and Development Squads of their trial directly.
Nomination process and key dates
- Clubs must nominate any players (U11, 13, 15 and 18s) by Friday 3rd September.
- Laura Charles-Price will contact all nominated U11, U13, U15 and U18s players to invite them to the trials and to inform them of the date, venue and time of their trial by Wednesday 8th September.
- Trials will take place outdoors over the weekends of 12th and 19th September.
- All outdoor trials attendees will be sent letter via email confirming selection or non-selection for final Indoor trial process by Friday 24th September.
Use the button below to nominate players.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact:
Women & Girls Development Officer
Mobile – 075445 52226